Mansions


Name: Mansions
Location: Louisville, KY
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/mansions
Sound: Indie/Alternative/Rock

When I first heard Mansions, I wasn't immediately smitten. The music isn't really something that sounded new and unique to me. Combine The Honorary Title, Conor O'Berst, and maybe a dash of Death Cab and you basically have Mansions. But yet, there's something generically original about them. Mansions does the whole indie vibe twined into the hooks of their music but with an edge to it. Songs like The Worse Part combine mellow, low key vocals with hard, gritty guitar riffs. Sure, there have been other bands to create this sound (None come to mind right now, but I know there's others) but bottom line, it sounds good, so who gives a shit if someone else did it. Like I said before, I'm not totally ecstatic about Mansions and don't plan on telling the whole world about them (even though, I kind of am right now) but for those times when you want something mellow, something different, something that doesn't sound like a shitty version of the early Fall Out Boy, this is a good band to listen to.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

top