Nut Up or Shut Up

While this is first and foremost a music blog, I'm a pretty avid movie goer. So don't be surprised if you see a movie review every now and then.



Release Date: 10/02/09
Starring: Jesse Eisenberg, Woodie Harrelson, Emma Stone, Abagail Breslin
Rating: B-

The Basics: A pansy college student teams up with a macho tough guy, a conniving bitch, and a twelve year old who never had a childhood to kick some Zombie ass. Think Shaun of the Dead without the accents and better action.

I was pretty stoked to see this movie-I'd heard a lot of people saying it kicked ass. They weren't lying. Now, I'm not an expert on zombie films, but this is definitely one of the better ones that I've seen. If this movie was front to back zombie killing action, hands down it'd deserve an A+. Unfortunately, most of the action happens in the beginning and at the end. The middle is filled with mild humor and not-so heart felt moments. And frankly, I'm kind of sick of the whole "I'm awkward but super witty" character. We all saw Superbad, Juno, and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist.  I'm surprised they didn't get Micheal Cera to play the role. All in all though, not a bad movie. It's worth seeing in the theater but no big if you wait for the DVD.

Oh, and can I just give a round of applause for the actors who played the zombies? Seriously, great work. Completely stole the show.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top