Titus Andronicus


Name: Titus Andronicus
Location: Glen Rock, NJ
Sound: Indie Punk Rock

Let's face it, punk just ain't what it used to be. I find myself preferring to hear Henry Rollins scream into a shitty recording mic for sixty seconds then listen to these kids from white suburbia thinking they know what punk is. Just because your drummer refuses to switch up his rhythms doesn't mean your band is punk rock.What I've come to realize though, is that it's not necessarily the sound of the band that makes them punk- sometimes it's the content rather, that makes them punk. Titus Andronicus is the prime example of this. From first listen, their music sounds like the soundtrack to the next breakout indie flick (which will most likely star ellen page). But take a closer listen, and you hear all the same angst and frustration that young Henry Rollins was preaching about some thirty years ago. Titus Andronicus is raw and dirty, "believing only in nothingness" With lyrics like "No one cares what I've got to say anymore/I didn't come here to be damned with faint praise/I'll write my masterpiece some other day (Fuck everything, fuck me)", this is probably the realest band you'll probably ever listen to.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

top