Video Killed the Radio Star

Apparently, this is the week for music video premieres.

Lady Gaga just released her video for her new single 'Bad Romance' today. Truthfully, I think the song itself is kind of shit. It's not bad, but it's really just another mass produced pop song-nothing to get worked up over. But the video, my god...


Then there's A Rocket to the Moon who just released the video for the first single off their new album, On Your Side. I'd say it's a pretty decent video-you really shouldn't expect anything overly amazing from a band like this. The concept was cute though.
 

Cobra Starship also came out with a new video. This one being for their latest single 'Hot Mess'. While overall I think the new Cobra music is shit compared to Viva La Cobra, I actually really like this song. I especially like it a lot more then Good Girls Go Bad  (I won't even get STARTED on my feelings towards that song). The video is entertaining, as is everything concerned with Cobra Starship. But honestly, shots of the band riding around in a van for 3 minutes shouldn't be considered a video.


Even Fall Out Boy dropped a video on us! I always love homemade videos like this. And it's nice to see video footage of FOB in their classic days. As much as they like to deny it, they really have changed since the days of playing punk shows in the basements of white suburbia. But change is good and FOB remains to be the one band that has changed their sound considerably but is still worth listening to (ahem take a hint Good Charlotte, Jonas Brothers, Cobra Starship...)

Alpha Dog

Fall Out Boy | MySpace Video


There are a couple other videos that have dropped, but I just don't give a shit about those ones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top